Professor Tonghun Lee
Stanford University, Ph.D.
Mechanical Engineering (2006)
Stanford University, M.S.
Mechanical Engineering (2002)
Yonsei University, B.S.
Mechanical Engineering (Seoul, Korea, 2000)
- Argonne National Laboratory Visiting Scholar Award 2017
- Withrow Junior Distinguished Scholar Award 2012
- ONR Young Investigators Program Award 2011
- Air Force Summer Faculty Fellow 2011
- Teacher Scholar Award 2011
- Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE) from Barack Obama 2010
- Air Force Summer Faculty Fellow 2010
- SAE Ralph R. Teetor Educator Award 2010
- Withrow Teaching Excellence Award 2009
- Air Force Summer Faculty Fellow 2009
- AFOSR Young Investigators Program Award 2008
- Bernard Lewis Fellowship 2006
At the University of Illinois, Dr. Lee’s laboratory is dedicated to applying advanced laser and optical diagnostics for both propulsion and energy systems research, including (1) hypersonic propulsion systems, (2) energetically enhanced combustion, (3) multi-spectral high-speed laser imaging of reactive flows, (4) ignition characterization of advanced biofuels, and (5) development of alternative energy conversion systems.
Urbana IL 61801